Understanding Personality Traits
Using the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) for
Individual Growth and Team Development
This MBTI training workshop demonstrates how the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator assessment can radically improve team dynamics by presenting a clear picture of the strengths and benefits associated with specific personality traits while giving everyone the tools and common language needed to harness individual potential!
Having diverse personalities within a team can be a tremendous advantage to a department or an intact working team. Understanding this asset can enhance productivity while decreasing unproductive conflict.
The workshop begins with an assessment, which indicates personality preference. It allows each participant to gain an in-depth snapshot of the strength that he or she brings to the team.
When the data is looked at as a whole, it will show the composition of your group and how to use the results to enhance communication while allowing the group leader to develop a preferred style of team management.
THE MBTI WORKSHOP WILL:
• Increase awareness of your team's relationships by identifying the types of personalities that make up your group and demonstrate how awareness of personality styles can translate into positive behavior
• Clearly define personality types so that the terminology can be implemented regularly in the workplace, allowing individuals to address differences respectfully and productively
• Explain thinking, organization, and decision making associated with each personality style and describe how knowledge of learning and communication preferences can affect others
To ensure a great experience, aspects of this training program may be modified to benefit your group size, group makeup, and time available.
- Increased appreciation of each other within the team
- An understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of the personalities of the group
- Develop better leadership throughout your team
- Renewed and increased self-awareness
- Improved communication skills
- Reduction in unhealthy conflict
This program can be conducted for any group size. Each trainer can accommodate up to 24 participants – larger groups will require multiple workshops or additional trainers for the single event.