Understanding Personality Traits
Using the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) for
Individual Growth and Team Development
Having diverse personalities within a given team can be a tremendous advantage to an organization. Understanding and capitalizing on this asset can enhance productivity, efficiency, and creativity while decreasing unproductive conflict.
MBTI can radically improve team dynamics by presenting a clear picture of the strengths and benefits associated with specific personality traits, while giving everyone the tools and common language needed to harness individual potential!
The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) begins with an individual assessment which indicates your personality preference. As there is no type that is better or preferred over another, it allows each participants to gain a true and in-depth snapshot of the strength that they bring to a given team. When all of the data is looked at as a whole, it will determine the big picture composition of your group and highlight how to use this information to enhance workplace communication while allowing the group leader an opportunity to develop a preferred style of team management.
MYERS-BRIGGS TYPE INDICATOR WILL:
- Increase awareness of the types of personalities that make up your group
- Demonstrate how awareness of personality styles can translate into positive behavior and better understanding
- Show how a group is more successful if there is balance among members
- Clearly define personality types so that the terminology can be implemented regularly in the workplace, allowing individuals to address differences respectfully and productively
- Explain thinking, processing, organization, and decision making associated
with each personality style
- Describe how self-knowledge of an individuals’ learning style and communication preferences can affect others
- Increased appreciation of each other within the team
- An understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of the personalities of the group
- Develop better leadership throughout your team
- Renewed and increased self-awareness
- Improved communication skills
- Reduction in unhealthy conflict
This program can be conducted for any group size. Each trainer can accommodate up to 24 participants – larger groups will require multiple workshops or additional trainers for the single event.